The Education Center is a program of the 100th Infantry Battalion Veterans organization which was established in December 1945 under the name Club 100. Membership is comprised of veterans, their wives and widows, their descendants and honorary members. The Center is located in the clubhouse which was constructed by the 100th veterans in 1952 and has been in continual use ever since.
There is a small exhibit area with information about the battalion’s history, artifacts from World War II, an Italian marble wall etched with the names of all those killed in action and a video displaying the names of every man who served in the battalion. One exhibit case is dedicated to the seven men of the 100th who received Medal of Honors for their actions in World War II and one for his actions in the Korean War. The resource room contains a collection of books about the Japanese American soldiers who fought in World War II, various 100th publications and some battalion records.
Board of Directors
The 100th Infantry Battalion Veterans organization is led by an active Board of Directors with the help of dedicated volunteers.
|President||Lloyd Kitaoka||Takashi Kitaoka, B Company|
|1st Vice President||Beverly Shiroma||Goro Sumida, A Company|
|2nd Vice President||Irene Anzai||Yoshio Anzai, C Company|
|Secretary||John Oki||Albert Oki, Headquarters Company|
|Treasurer||Tsurumi Hamasu||Ted Hamasu, A Company|
|Headquarters Chapter||Dot Tamashiro||Harold Tamashiro (husband)|
|A Chapter||Beverly Shiroma||Goro Sumida|
|B Chapter||Ann Kabasawa||Raymond Nosaka|
|C Chapter||Warren Yamamoto||Richard Yamamoto|
|D Chapter||Harry Nakayama||Katsumi Nakayama|
|Rural Chapter||Stephen Saito||Grandson of Masaharu Saito, A Company|
|Descendants Chapter||Bert Hamakado||Masami Hamakado, B Company|
Webmaster: Jan Nadamoto